Social

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE- AND IT IS VEGAN


Once in a while I get on my high horse. One of these times is NOW. 
The future of fashion, if it really is going to be truly sustainable, has to be vegan. 

No industry has such mass destruction of the environment that animal agriculture does. Not only animals that are farmed for food but also for clothing. Animal abuse happens not just to the animals we eat but to the animals we wear. 

I, and Urbandon menswear have gone vegan. For the past two year I have been pescatarian (no red/land meat- only fish) but have now gone the whole hog (pardon the pun) and going plant based. So is my clothing. 

No more wool, silk or leather will pass through these hands. I always hated fur so nothing will change there.



Think I am talking shit? Check out...
http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

The decision is clear. For sustainability and the ethical treatment of animals it is a no-brainer. I will not have death on my hands. The death of workers in China or animals. Sustainable fashion has to be vegan. 

I have seen the light- I love animals.

If you have the stomach for it then this short- Meet your Meat is a real eye-opener into the meat and milk industry. THIS is where your meat comes from. We have to stop kidding ourselves that our milk is from 'happy cows' with farmer Joe tending them on the sunny farm and chickens are running around happily giving eggs.

This video may disturb. Hopefully.



I have made my stand. You?