Social

Saturday, December 28, 2013

THE BEST OF: AN END OF YEAR REVIEW

Oh boy, what a year! The last twelve months have seen some big highs and some damn low lows. Business boomed and business sucked. Six months of flying high and six months of getting hit by tough economic times.

Despite all this I just kept on making clothes because that is what I enjoy doing. Most of my wardrobe is my gear now. I bought one pair of jeans (2nds) for a few dollars and a second hand t-shirt or two. My fav shirt at the moment I found by the side of the road- no kidding, that is thrifting! 

So here is what I thought were my best pieces from the past year. Most are because they are what Urbandon Menswear is all about- reclaimed or sustainable materials, experimental in pattern cutting or just looked damn good.

And the winners are...

The Lawless collection. All reclaimed materials from vintage duffel bags, army tents and vintage leather. 

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

The Black Sun collection. Reclaimed wool, linen, scarves dyed with native flowers and some unusual cuts. 
It was a slick collection.
Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear


Outland9. All reclaimed military duffel bags, army clothing, U.S. Army pup tents and even reclaimed new deadstock T-shirts. This collection had it all going on including a helmet and weapon.

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear


Capping of the year was some accessories made from vintage military bags.
A couple of these bags made this month, one with an old leather belt for a strap, a a stack of reclaimed fabric caps.

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

Urbandon Menswear

I made stuff and I sold a few things. Not too bad. 

Hope everyone has a great new year and thank you for following the urbandon blog.

XXX