Social

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

PATTERNS AND TUTORIALS


You may have noticed I changed the layout of my blog. I'm trying to make it a little slicker and it is now working and looking a bit neater. The link bar seems to work well. This was the first change to my blog in five years!

This week I have also added a new page to my blog- Patterns and Tutorials. I am really excited about this project as I feel it is a way of giving back and sharing some resources. 

There are free patterns and instructions on the page as well as some (eventually) paid patterns. Most of the patterns are hats and gloves for the moment. 

The patterns are all hand-crafted and are simple to make. Hopefully this will encourage new sewers to take up the needle and thread (so to speak). 

As I get better at writing tutorials and making patterns to share there will be more for the advanced maker. I do have some patterns that are not mine, but are open source, and I will slowly add them to the page too.

Eventually I will share my Pattern Magic patterns and how to incorporate the concepts into your own patterns. The T-shirt tutorial does exactly that- manipulating Pattern Magic ideas.

Also included are tutorials that originally were published on BurdaStyle. 

At the bottom of the page I have included blocks and patterns. These are not mine and I am not claiming any rights to them.

There are also so resource links that may come in handy too. I will be adding more as I find them. 

I hope you check the patterns out and give them a try. I hope you like them as much as I have enjoyed making and using them.