Social

Thursday, August 15, 2013

MENSWEAR WORN BY WOMEN. (NSFW!)


I am very lucky to have a long-standing relationship with Peter Coulson, a very successful and brilliant photographer.



He works with some of the best models in Australia, incredibly shoots many in natural light from his studio window, has worked internationally with top fashion designers and loves my clothes. One of the great things is that my clothes are being worn by women (only just at times!), and not men. This may actually make me unique as a menswear designer but it proves that my clothes can be worn well by women.




Details about this shoot:
Model: Alicia Komodromos Vicious Models
Hair & Makeup: Saphire Gaskas
Lighting: 1.8 meter Bowens Octagonal soft box
Model:Hasselblad H5D-50
Shutter Speed:1/250 second
Aperture:F/9
Focal Length:100 mm
ISO Speed:100

Our first collaboration was with my jewellery and once again here. (Please note most of these links are NSFW!) 


He then kindly, and beautifully, shot most of a collection a couple of years ago and then another collection soon after. Then, earlier this year he shot some more of my pieces to dramatic effect. I adore his photography. He can be very political and provocative at times but mostly sensual and fun.
What is more amazing is a collaboration as there is no way at the moment I could afford his services. For this I am truly grateful to Peter.





I was at a fashion launch recently when a photographer gave me his card and suggested I use his services to shoot my collection. (You may know many of my photos I use are taken by my partner, Denise) After thanking him, I explained I work with photographer, he does not charge me and I am very happy. He scoffed and asked me who it was.  "Do you know Peter Coulson?" I replied with a giggle. After gushing about how amazing Peter was he skulked off to promote himself to someone else. It was an amusing encounter that I did share with Peter. He laughed hard.


Please check those links for some beautiful, creative and erotic photographs by Peter featuring urbandon menswear.

Hope you enjoy!