Social

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PHOTOGRAPHY ROOTS


Here are some photographs I took recently around the neighbourhood. I have rediscovered the joys of film photography and really loving the process. I have gone back to basics using vintage film cameras and developing my negatives at home.

It's a nice way to slow-down a bit when it comes to photos as I usually fire off dozens of shots a day without actually thinking about what I am doing. Digital changed how we and what we photographed. I breath, compose and take my time. I create.


'Dudes' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film.

 'Truck' Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film

  'Truck' Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film

  'Stanmore' Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film

'Water Catchment, Marrickville' Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film

 'Flight Path'  Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film
  'Modern Living' Zeiss Ikon Nettar 516 (Medium format) Kodak TX 400 ISO film

 'Simplicity' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film.

'Ghost' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film. (double exposure)

 'Scar' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film.

 'My Sunshine' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film.

'Dorit The Bird Woman' Yashica Electro 35 GTN, Ilford HP5 400 ISO film.

My whole relationship with photography has changed again. I feel like I did when I bought my first camera 30 years ago. 
The other thing I have embraced is not editing the images. No cropping, no modifications, no Photoshop. A massive saving of time! Also, no cables, no batteries, no storage cards and no backup disks.

Some of my cameras...


What some more???

Hope you have enjoyed my adventure out of the studio. It is always great to get out of the studio!
Best wishes, Don.