Social

Monday, July 9, 2012

PARIS IS BURNING...OKAY JUST RAINING

I would be neglect in my duties if I didn't show a little bit of my Paris fashion shopping adventures. First, some window displays..

Valentino

 Issey Miyake

 Gucci

 Louis Vuitton

 Fendi

Chanel

I did try on a few clothes just to get a good look at the detail of workmanship- perhaps in twenty years I will get close. 
(Don't tell Denise I tried on a white leather motorcycle jacket from Gucci- reduced I tell you! Only 2000 euro!) 

And now on to some purchases...


 I do love to buy books (and claim them as a tax expense! Hooray!). Trying to control myself at the moment due to weight restrictions.
New Taschen title:20th Century Fashion from Tokyo Costume Institute. 




Returned to Decorative Art Museum (where I saw the Vuitton/Jabobs exhibit) to see the show again and look through the five floors(!)and browse the massive bookshop. Of course I could not get away empty handed. 


 Another beautiful fashion book all about details. Big, heavy...may have to be carry-on luggage.


 My favourite menswear label, Julius, is featured heavily. Must-have fashion book if you are into clothes.



 Another favourite designer is Parisian Damir Doma. Got his stylish, gold-edged look books. Yes, bought several of his pieces too. Will show you next post.



 Tom Ford, I love you (Bromance it is true). Had to buy another one of his amazing fragrances. No other brand come close to the complexity and quality of this range. 


J'adore!


 Although Hong Kong not Paris, Julius shopping bag is a keep-sake. Bought two pieces. Pretty much wanted everything in the shop. Big bromance!


And to carry the books...

New leather bag by German brand Trippen. Known for their beautiful shoes. Range of bags? One. One perfect one. All leather with two ring bolts holding a long strap which closes the bag. Design brilliance.


Tashen shopping bag. I said no to a bag until they pulled out this. 
"Oui monsieur, un sac s'il vous plaƮt!"

Love from Paris! XXX