I have a fried brain from the relentless heat and humidity here in Hong Kong so I will be brief.
To save you agony here are a few tips to enjoying Hong Kong:
- Don't actually look for something specific. Google Maps does not work here. Information is always old and never updated. You will just walk around in circles. All printed maps are slightly wrong and unless you have 20/20 vision you are just kidding yourself because you will never be able to read them.
- Taxi cabs are your best friend. Why walk at all when cabs are so insanely cheap and plentiful? They are air conditioned too and they will assist you to where you are going- see first tip.
- Overhead walkways are not your friend. Picture a sea of people knowing where they are going. Actually they are not too bad but avoid them during peak hours. Actually they are very bad because they all lead to a Gucci, Chanel or Versace shop. Imagine designer cattle barricades and then you get the picture. Come to think of it I really hate those walk-ways...brave the traffic instead or catch a cab
- Beer is your best friend in the heat. Do I need to say anything else?
- Pork dumplings are your best friend. Do I really need to elaborate? Again, they are plentiful and cheap and like sex, they are always good.
- Wash your hands every ten minutes. Use liquid sanitising hand wash in between those times and don't touch anything. (Except the beer and pork dumplings)
Side note: Bonsai and Orchids just grow in the street like its no big deal. Loved the microcosmic in this place. In general though, glad we are leaving tonight.
I wanted to include a photo of my food I ate like most bloggers do but....oh damn...see tips 4 & 5.
See you on the other side of the world next post!