Social

Friday, June 3, 2011

Moving Right Along

My jewellery bench has been seriously neglected the past month or so. It was hard to get into the groove after such a long break.  

 'The Woodsman'
The other problem is I feel I have moved on from my earlier pieces and wanted my new jewellery to reflect the clothing I  have been making.

'Marion'
Cuffs are my favorite to make- I enjoy working with scrap leather.

 'Urban Robin Hood'
I remembered some of the cool costumes in the most recent Robin Hood movie with Cate Blanchett and Russell Crow- All that bound corsetry and leather armor. Sexy and tough.

Standard closure detail on 'Beaten'

 'Tangle'
Other shapes emerged and various techniques were explored.

'Stolen'
I'm partial to this one, above, because that's a found piece of metal sheet with numbers and letters carved into it. Black, masculine, found object and asymmetrical- that ticks all my boxes. 
My bench is a mess again and it feels great.