Social

Saturday, May 14, 2011

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I'LL POST IF I WANT TO.(LOST POST IN MAY 12 CRASH)

Today (YESTERDAY) marks 45 years hanging around on the planet making stuff that looks like art. Life has had it's ups and downs over the years. I went through long periods of depression and low self esteem. I had periods of not wanting to create- my darkest years they were.


 At the moment life is getting better and better. I'm more in control, happier and creating more. It's been a long road from crap beginnings.
So what have I done all this time?
I painted some pictures for a while...


Then I made some assemblages...


Then I thought it would be cool to make jewellery...



This year I'm creating a line of mens clothing... 


Making art and craft is what I do. It is who  I am. It is what I love doing. But half of this is the actual doing, the other half is having it looked at and enjoyed by others. 
So...
Thank you to everyone for all your support over the past two years. Thank you for all your kind comments and words of support- I really do love you all.


In other news...

Two items arrived unexpectedly from followers this week. Beanie from Found-Art blog sent me a great collection of junk from England while Susan from Flying Dog Studio Design sent me a wonderful collection from the wilds of Alaska. What  great presents!


Happy Birthday for me. 






THIS IS A RE-POST AS THIS WAS LOST TO THE 'NET ON MY BIRTHDAY> THANK YOU FOR ALL THE COMMENTS THIS ORIGINAL POST RECEIVED.