Social

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jewellery For The Week


'Royal Timekeeper'


'Steam Ambassador' 


'Anchor'


This is how my jewellery always starts: arranging bits of metal. Some pieces make the grade and others are ditched. I like doing a few at once: bouncing between them to create some sort of story. The story emerges as I work.


I just keep adding bits till they look finished. With these I wanted to use these chains I had laying around for a while. Everything is secured with tube rivets or micro-bolts which are the strongest, neatest and easiest way to secure assemblage jewellery. In the photo below, the back of the piece is very clean.


Speaking of neat, here is my studio at it's most organised- plastic take-away containers work a treat for storing sorted pieces. 


Have a good week!