Social

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sewing Frenzy


The final sewing projects for 2010 were this linen shirt and drop-crotch track pants. 


 The fabric I found at this amazing little shop run by an ex rag-trade woman. It's only open a couple of days a week and has beautiful, quality fabrics- unlike the chain (mega) stores. There is no phone number, no web address. Prices are very reasonable to say the least.  The shop is also in walking distance from home so it pretty much perfect.


The old daggy and saggy K-Mart track pants with holes just had to go. Replaced by reversible narrow leg pants they I could wear out to a club. Actually I think I could go from the couch to the club without changing.


I bet most artists have their favorite store that ticks all the boxes and has everything they could possible want. A shop that is inspirational as soon as you walk in. One where you want to buy one of everything.  Have you got a shop like that?


Wishing you all a Happy New Year.