Social

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Machines That Go 'Ping"


I must be a kid. I love new toys. I love new toys that contain motors and sharp bits. Like that Monty Python skit with the doctors wanting the machine that goes 'ping'. That's me. 

New machines that have fast motors and room for four spools of thread that make sewing faster, cleaner and easier. 

Machines that trim those uneven edges of fabric while sewing them together and finishing said edges at the same time.



I now have one of those machines. Serger, over-locker, call it what you will- I call it my new toy. 

It helps me make clothes from stretch fabric. First on my list was a hooded, sleeveless top. Okay, yes, I do like a hood. This was just some jersey fabric found at the local industrial waste shop. 

One hours work and $1 worth of fabric. Rolled edges too. (I never knew what a rolled edge was until this week- thank you new machine)


Thought my new top would go well with an old favorite t-shirt I made a few years back. This was machine embroidered with inspiration from Jean Cocteau.
 He was so cool.


I love my new toy- it does everything. (Except go 'ping')
X