Social

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How to Feel Chuffed Part 1



The email arrived, just like any other, on a regular old morning while at work this week. 


Dear Don,

Congratulations! The following submissions have been selected to be featured as a technique-based articles in an upcoming issue of Belle Armoire Jewelry...




It one of those moments when the background commercial station music kind of scratched and spluttered to a stop. I'm sure there is a word for that screeching silence, that pause in breath, that moment of frozen surprise.  What? Me? My Art? My stuff? Selected? 
There it was. The email to end all emails. Okay, maybe I'm getting a little over dramatic now, but  you get the point. I have been selected to be featured (I love saying that) in Belle Armoire Jewelry Magazine for a step by step feature of no less than  three articles.
I'm sure some of my readers have been featured and know the feeling of excitement and panic I feel.(I have to write the tutorials- 900 words!) 
For those who wish to be featured in a  Stampington and Company magazine I have some advice to get you published- submit your work.

It was your feedback on my art and jewellery that helped with my confidence in submitting my work so... 
Thank You!
X