Social

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fuck Advertising

 That's right- Fuck Advertising.
Instead of trying to get 0.5 cents per click on advertising on this page, I have taken a stand against ads on blogs and proudly display my stand with adfreeblog logos. (On the right-one of each style) (Don't think I have forgotten the difference between promoting a book you are in and just advertising any old thing in your blog. There is a big difference- it's obvious.)
Not only do I dislike advertising on blogs, web pages, emails, traffic poles and billboards but I don't watch commercial channels, refuse to purchase or eat at any restaurant that 'junk' mail my letterbox but will also shun anything that is 'The Real Thing' or some other 'feel good' campaign like 'The world is yours-explore (kill) it with a Prado SUV/4WD' (Even better when you name the car after Native Americans and go endangered animal shooting).

I dislike advertising. 
I'm sick of being bombarded with images shouting at me that I need that fizzy drink with 16 teaspoons of sugar, fast food junk food, a 4WD (with bumper-bars at children's head level and chewing through petrol like they don't give a fuck) or any of the other crap that has to be displayed in huge letters or with a cheesy jingle. I refuse to buy crap like that and I am sick of advertising everywhere. Enough is enough!

In the spirit of San Paulo I am going ad-free. As the Mayor Gilberto Kassab said. "The Clean City Law came from a necessity to combat pollution . . . pollution of water, sound, air, and the visual. We decided that we should start combating pollution with the most conspicuous sector – visual pollution." That was 2007. Read the full story here.

We are surrounded every day with ads trying to sell us shit we don't need. 

Are you sick of advertising? 

Will you join me?
 Or just laugh at my rant ?

Either way, thanks for listening. Hello? Hello? Is anyone out there? Damn, I just lost all my followers...will need to advertise more.

Peace and love to you all.
X

 PLEASE NOTE:
WE WILL RESUME REGULAR TRANSMISSION WHEN DON GETS A FEW THINGS OFF HIS CHEST. PLEASE DO NOT MENTION GLOBAL WARMING, 4WDs, ANTI-ABORTION LOBBY, GUN OWNERSHIP, IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN OR AMERICAN FOREIGN POLICY.