Social

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Magic Rocks!





I wanted to share with you this pretty cool story about me and a 'magic rock'.
While I was living in Byron Bay several years ago I found a rock in bushland I was walking through. I had just moved up there and was embracing a 'herbal' lifestyle so everything I found became 'power objects'. After living years in the city, collecting shells and bits of driftwood was such a pleasure. Connecting with nature again. So anyway, I found this rock, slate by the look of it, and kept it. I had it for a few years and it was exposed to the elements sitting outside with my rock collection. No, they were not placed in a circle, thank you very much. But after a few years this rock split open to reveal layer upon layer of fossils. Ancient plant forms captured in rock.
My magic stone really was magic!
It is around six inches long and rectangular. Clearly defined layers are visible where the other layers have haven't split open.
But, unfortunately I can't remember exactly where I found it, otherwise I would have gone back to search for more. Still, I am so happy to have found this. It goes with my boomerang that I found when I was about 10. But that is another post...


This weekend my little cars are taking shape ...







And the heater is a fun new piece to play with. I seems to be the perfect size for my kinetic projects...

Hororscope reader...

Laser eye...

And a base for my Time Machine...
These rotate. A video will next post!

Have a great week and thank you for the comments!