Social

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura




Immune what? Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura. A unique blood disorder that I was diagnosed with earlier this year. I spent some time in hospital and actually came to terms with dying at one stage. See, the blood does not clot. It's just not just bleeding to death, it's internal bleeding (which I had) and the chance of bleeding on the brain too.
I spend a week in hospital and have been on steroids for four months now.
I am now off the steroids pending another blood test in a months time. I pray I will never have to go through anything like that again, and my heart goes out to people around the world who don't even get a chance to get proper treatment for ITP.

When I got out of hospital I made this book to record the experience. It was made from a CD box, gauze, medical photos, a test tube, hospital bandages and holds my medical records.